I was getting crank calls to my cell phone from a number in Florida.I saw this company on the net and decided to try and find out who was calling.

When I signed up I entered the number and they could not provide me with any information on the number. For this I was charged 1.00 which was then refunded. I automatically decided I didn't want this service and sent them an email to, I never received a response but figured they would respond if it was the wrong way to do it or if they needed further info.

They NEVER responded and all of sudden I get charged a monthly fee of 18.95 for something I didn't use and cancelled the same date (they ask you cancel within 7 days but do not explain on their page how to do so) I called and although they know I emailed they said that they charged me because they could and because I didn't use their live chat or phone number they just did it.This is a fraud, please be aware and look all over these sites for the fine print.

Response to #9: I've been scammed by many such crooked companies.There should be a law against charging without consent.

Honest companies send an email saying your trial period is almost over and you need to subscribe to continue the service.When there is no number, you can usually find company numbers through the BBB site.

March 31, 2011

I have disputed these 2 $18.95 charges with my credit card company as well as canceled the card number for any further unauthorized charges. The question is do I still need to call them and will they dispute my dispute and try to say I signed on for this abuse???

I have to fill out a report to my credit card company -a fraud info form! If they say I signed on for a dollar and did not acknowledge cancellation will they try to stick me with the rest of the tab??? Whose word will the credit card company be behind? I had to pay for vitamins I returned once as the card company recharged me and they never returned the returned vitamins. So my dispute was correct but it was there word against mine and they lied. The credit card company did not really help by standing by my dispute as they said I didn't cancel in time even though I did!

What a racket! Where and How is the consumer protected? Also, these crooked companies seem to be from UTAH! Capiche

I will have to say they have straightened up their act.Saw the 18.95 charge on my card but didn't remember subscribing ..

worse yet I didn't even which email address I had used for the $1 special.

I found the personal chat box and told the CS rep what had happened. She took my full name and returned with the email address I had used and why I had been billed, which by now I knew. I told her I wanted to cancel.

She issued a cancellation number right then and told me there would be no additional billing.

This was certainly no more difficult, and maybe easier, than other companies I have had to deal over credit card disputes

Please wait for a site operator to respond.

You are now chatting with 'Ulrica'

Ulrica: Thank you for chatting with Phone Agent Source. May I know, whom am I chatting with?

you: Robert

Ulrica: Hello, how may I assist you today?

you: Phone Source keeps billing my card. They need to reimburse me and cancel my account.

Ulrica: In order to pull up your account, could you please provide me the email address you used to order our services?

Ulrica: Please wait while I check your order details in our system.

Ulrica: As per our database, you have two accounts under your email address.

Ulrica: You have been billed $1 for the special introductory trial offer. As you have not chosen to cancel within the 7 day trial period, the low monthly membership fee of $18.95 has been processed. This low monthly membership fee not only allows you to perform one more additional search per month, but also gives you access to our PC Health Solutions Anti-Spyware software, fraud alerts, information on how to protect yourself from identity theft, and rock solid advice on how to protect your reputation and financial future. For added convenience, we will automatically bill you $18.95 on a monthly basis, until you choose to cancel the membership. We offer this to you because we want you to constantly have access to our valuable services that protect your family.

you: Cancel the membership. My records show that I have been billed more frequently than once a month.

Ulrica: OK, I have cancelled your Phone Agent Source Membership effective immediately.

Ulrica: Your cancellation number is :

Ulrica: 182089

Ulrica: And 182090.

Ulrica: But no need to worry, your account has been completely cancelled with us and you will not be charged in future

Let me add "me too" to the complaints on this page.Just minutes ago I found that Phone Agents charged me the $18.95 too.

I also didn't authorize this. It is Sunday so tomorrow Phone Agents will get a call from me as well as my credit card company. I used the $1.00 charge to see what they could find out about me. The info that they found could be obtained for free on or so I asked for the $1.00 refund which I got.

I didn't read anything about an $18.95 charge in the TOS and even if there was, asking for the $1 refund was supposed to tell them that I was not interested in their service. I don't often respond to emails that offer services like this with a "free trial" because they do stuff like this. This makes me even more wary of trying this kind of thing again. There are companies that offer a way to get money back from outfits like, but they may charge me $39.95 to do it because they are likely rip-offs like Phone Agents, too.

This hurts the companies that do legitimate business on line.

I went to PHONE AGENT and did a live chat to cancel my membership. It worked with minimum hassle.

By the way the BBB informed me that the company is registered as Net Soft Media

2150S 1300E Ste 500 Salt Lake, UT 84106

They got me too.I was looking for my husband's info, to see if anything negetive would show when he was applying for position.

Figured for $1 I would see what they could find. Well they found nothing. They immediately refunded the $1 fee since they were unable to find any information. 7days later they charged me 18.95 for a membership.

When I called the 800 from my credit card statement I spoke with a Rep named Ray. He had no problem with cancelling my "membership" and said they would refund 50% of the membership fee. When I told him that that wasn't acceptable, that they were unable to provide me with service I was told it was in the tos. I tried to explain to him that his company was unable to provide me with service and had refunded my funds for the trial period he went on and on about tos.

Finally I asked for a supervisor or manager I could speak with because if they were unable to provide me with services how could the possible think it was alright to charge me for it. He clearly said that my case "did not warrant" speaking with his boss. He refused to transfer to anyone other than him.

After reading the above reviews I really hope I get at least the 50% refund.And yes I reported this company to as many places as I could find including the BBB

same charged for two months at 18.95, and the initial 1$ search yielded nothing. i called the company when i found they were charging me, and they have promised a full refund...although i have now spoken to 3 different employees and each time the amount of time i'll have to wait before i see that refund becomes a little longer. i think this is definitely one for Better Business Bureau.

phone agent is a big rip off...they are true scam artists.once you sign up they make sure you can't cancel before your trial period of 7 days.

I got run around that manager was only one who could cancel and was gone for 2 days...then i couldn't get signed into their site it was a black page. i was told i needed to sign in to get phone number to call and cancel...could not cancel online.

a bunch of B.S.wish i would have read some of bad reviews first.

Hello everyone,

I am another victim of this fraud that is going on.Back in April of this year I decided to look up a phone number of someone I know to do some research on them.

I was told because I did not receive any information that the dollar would be credited back to me and that I could cancel what I was looking for. Well, I guess that was a crock of ***.....

I have been receiving my credit card bill with an extra charge from $15-20 for the last 3 months.I hope that this company receives *** for what they are doing and are charged.

While on a page for area codes I noticed an enticement for entered my cell phone number to see what they had on me.

I was very concerned that they might have info that they should not have. They claim to have name, address, age, income, property value, lawsuits, criminal check, bankruptcies etc. I do not want this type of info available to anyone for payment of only $1. I carried on and was told the report was ready with all of the info.

I was ready to pay but at the payment page they would not accept AMEX.

Since I have no other credit card I backed out.After reading all these other comments I am really thankful they do not accept AMEX.

I checked on a phone number on this website and they wanted to charge me $1.00 for their services which I didn't want so I backed off.They did refund me my one dollar but was charged 18.95 for a service I didn't ask for.

I will continue to keep calling me the number that's listed on the charge card. They need to be stopped for ripping off people for this service. I will also cancel my credit card because they might want to charge me for something that I didn't sign for and am not receiving service.

On the website there is nothing to indicate that they will charge you for anything else except for the dollar charge.:(

I found this company thru google search...They requested $1.00 for there service.

Subsequently I used another PC, but to find that they wanted $4.95 for the same service. To make a long story short, baffeled and a little more research, I found this site...

HEY GUYS, THANKS FOR THE WARNING.Of course, I didn't use the service and I'm sure I saved myself a big headache!

exact same thing just happened to me

Sure - they grabbed me for $18.95 also, tried that $1.00 look up for a cell phone that keeps calling me - it didn't work immediately, it didn't work in 3 hours. I called them when I saw the $18.95 charge, they were like "yah - you need to read our fine print...we charge you you signed up for our membership." This is a load of *** - I'm going to cancel my credit card number. I called the 800 number and they are closed!!

A comment that I should add to the post I just did.The information I got on my phone number is available by doing any 411 reverse search on the Internet or looking my phone number in the local phone book.

The "live chat" person must just have done a 411 reverse search on the Internet.I do not believe the company has a database with a "team of experts" standing by to do manual searchs.

Yesterday I phoned my Visa and cancelled my credit card. Yesterday I signed up for the $1 trial on PhoneAgentSource. I came across the site with a google search and thought 411 Canada was part of the local phone company Telus. I was initially looking for a contact for someone but when I saw advertised that the company provided the age and income of the subject, I thought if Telus was now doing this I would be livid (it was not Telus but Phonesource using a 411 Canada heading. There is a real, which has a legitimate reverse phone look-up service-no charge). Now to get to the actual experience.

I looked the site over and saw all the security certificates and thought I would sign up and for a dollar enter my phone number to see what came up. Well nothing came up literally. Search 0. I contacted the "live chat" and was reassured she will have a manual search started and I was to check back in three hours. Three hours later I checked back and saw my phone number on three searches done. I contacted the "live chat" and was told that this was very rare and must be because of redundancy. So she did the search herself, which revealed my name, the city I live in was listed as a county (I did not say anything), no address (good, it is not supposed to belisted) and no other information. So I said is that it? and she reponded that is all we have. I had also asked her (Annie)if I will be charged $18.95 as I had seen something on one of the pages about the amount being charged on a credit card. I asked will I be charged a $1 for this and she said yes, for the trial period BUT she never explained the $18.95. I then read the TERMS and saw that after 7 days the $18.95 "kicked in" and at that point contacted the "live chat", which was Annie again and requested that I delete the account. Annie wanted to know why I wanted to cancel, so I explained to Annie that the TERMS stipulated that after 7 days one is charged the $18.95, but one has to cancel within the time-period. Annie explained she can not cancel my account at the time. I was to wait 48 hours and re-enter the site and go to my account and look for a red box and do the cancelation there. So I phoned my brother(computer technician) and told him what I had done, which was give my Visa account numbers to them and he was horrified. I also told him the reports I found on the Internet warning people about the site and he said "you never give your Visa numbers out unless it is a site you know, like Sears, or Canadian Tire and it is secured by PayPal. He said these guys could be in Russia. I guess he had thought Russia as the perpatrators of the Scareware Scam were residing in Russia. As it turns out this company is in South Florida, one person who was taken was so mad she found out where the company is headquartered. Oh, Visa told me the $1 had gone through and said "they have tested the waters" propably the term used to see if an account is lucrative.

On other sites people have asked why these guys are allowed to be in business. I do not know how this is allowed but thank heavens for the Internet and sites like these. I almost forgot to mention read the PRIVACY POLICY to send them the email requesting that PhoneSourceAgent does NOT sell or give out your Personal Information.

Just got off the phone with live agent and after arguing the fact of fraud. Only recieved 50% of the 18.95..#called was 18664075839..I would also advise everyone to call there banks and put stop payment on any future deductions..Not a happy camper..

Just got off of live chat with this bogus company!!I also recieved a charge for $1.00 and then a fee for $18.95.Live chat gave me all my info.

to say the acct. was legitimate but I wanted the info. for the # they supposedly gave me. To my surprise she couldn't give me that info.

Of course not because I never recieved and X out of the website when they couldn't retrieve any info. Can someone please tell me if they actually recieved any credit for these charges.

This company needs to be reported immediately.Can't believe in just the month of May we have all these scams..